We’re pleased to announce that we’ve completed the rollout of our radically redesigned News product. After several revisions over the past few years, we think we’ve finally reached our goal of making FF the best news resource for Forex traders!
Here’s how it works:
- The News page is now based on our new Flex Box technology, which allows you to customize content and layout throughout the page (click the box titles for options).
- Any member can submit any story, from any website, via the submission box in the top left of the News page. The submissions go into a back-end queue.
- Forex Factory’s news editors, a team of experienced traders and analysts, decide which submissions become public. Therefore, all news posted to Forex Factory now goes through a quality assurance process managed internally. News editors also submit stories the same way members do.
- The news editors’ mission is to deliver the most timely, useful, and entertaining news from around the web. They are Forex Factory employees who operate upon a strict set of guidelines to ensure the news mix is consistent and stays true to the mission.
- A new sorting option, ‘Hottest,’ is now one of the primary methods for displaying news. The Hottest algorithm considers how FF users interact with stories to determine which are the best of the moment. The algorithm’s calculation is confidential, making it harder to manipulate.
- FF’s familiar impact icons are used to rate breaking news (i.e., new information) that is moving the market. Yellow () means the information has little impact, orange () means the information is moving the market, and red () indicates the information is having a big impact on the market.
Posted by Sidney, Forex Factory Director of Marketing